Home » Information » Assessments & Promotion
Assessments & Promotion
CBSE has introduced new assessment structure for Class 10th Board Exams. For the purpose of gradual learning, three tests will be held- two unit tests- one in June and another one in December, Half yearly Examination will be in September and Final Examinations in March, with portions of syllabus cumulatively covered. The gradual increasing portion of contents would prepare students acquire confidence for the appearing the Board examination with 100% syllabus.
- Unit Test 1 & 11 will be of 5O marks (15 oral and 35 written).
- Half Yearly Examination will be of 80 marks written, 10 marks from Unit Test 1, 5 marks for notebooks submission and 5 marks for subject enrichment activity.
- Final Examination: 80 marks the entire syllabus; 10 from the period of test (average of the best two tests), 5 marks for notebook submission and 5 marks for subject enrichment activity.
- Notebook submission as a part of internal assessment is aimed at enhancing seriousness of students towards preparing notes for the topics being taught in the classroom as well as assignments, They also address the critical aspect of regularity, punctuality neatness and notebook upkeep. Students who maintain well and submit regularly for checking will receive a certificate of merit.
- Subject Enrichment Activities aimed at enrichment of the understanding and skill development. For Languages-effective speaking and listening skills; for Mathematics - Lab activities; for Science - practical works/activities and for social Science Map and Project work.
- To secure promotion one must obtain 40% of marks in all the subjects. The promotion of a student to the higher class implies that the student has successfully learned a prescribed syllabus. To be promoted, the student must know well, the subject matter.
- Any student found resorting to unfair means in any examination will be given zero in the subject and will not be allowed to write the rest of the papers in that examination. Repetition of the same will result in dismissal. Any student who is found tampering with marks in the Progress Report and other school certificates will be asked to leave the school.
- Re-exams/Tests are not held for absent students. If a student is prevented by illness her promotion will be decided according to her performance during the year.
- Those who do not do home works, or bring text/exercise books etc. 2 marks will be deducted from the ensuing exams.
- Due to any unforeseen circumstances, if a test/exam is not held on the scheduled date, the same will be held on the next working day unless otherwise notified.
- Promotion is decided at the staff meeting. Hence, results are final and cannot be reconsidered. Answer Scripts of all the tests (Unit Tests, Half yearly Examinations) will be shown to the parents as given in the School Diary and the parents can retain them, while the Final Examinations the Answer Scripts will be shown to the parents and they are retained in the school.